2012年6月25日星期一

Are You An Iconoclast

Are You An Iconoclast Coach Sale Online

Get ready to be offended!)

Iconoclast, n. 1. A person who ignores laws, customs Coach Sale Online, and cherished beliefs, deciding for himself/herself whether to abide by such imposed imperatives.

Natural law:

1. It is in the nature of all organized governments to control as well as to serve its citizens or subjects.

2. It is in the nature of all organized religions to control as well as to serve its true believers.

( I told'ja you'd be offended. An ancient philosopher whose name I forgot, said "No mind can be considered free when it is under the control of another mind.")

Who's in charge here:

3. I do not like being controlled . . . especially when I am told it's for my own good.

4. So I choose to observe the laws, rules and customs of authority figures, be they governments or religions.

Please note: I observe rather than obey. Having observed, I then make up my own mind regarding the degree to which I choose to obey and abide by dogmatically prescribed laws, rules and customs.

The Red Light:

Long-time readers will recall my article about the Santa Monica traffic signal where the California Incline reaches Pacific Coast Highway. I often arrive facing a red traffic light with not a vehicle in sight for as far as I can see in either direction on PCH.

So I boldly ignore the signal and proceed onto PCH. My iconoclast mind tells me that the purpose of a traffic signal is to control traffic. Ergo, no traffic = no function. So I go through the red and drive to LAX for my early flight!

"Why should I care?"

5. You may wonder what this attitude has to do with being more successful in the speaking business. So I'll tell you:

Those of us with what Naomi Rhode aptly calls the privilege of the platform own an awesome opportunity. We can be instruments of awakening.

What audiences want:

Audiences want to see a speaker who is one who knows. They love the unique, the different Coach Sale Online, the one-of-a-kind speaker or trainer.

So I recommend you be yourself on the platform. Revel in your warts, your flaws . . . and your perceived wisdom.

Share more than your words:

Your stance, your movements, your facial expressions, all add value. They serve to entertain while you inform.

You can include asides while addressing the announced topic. These asides, stories, and examples, can embody your own perceived wisdom.

What else to include:

Within this body of wisdom you may include your views on personal autonomy and the wisdom of personal autonomy..

6. Wake 'em up!

You can, in your signature stories, your sidebars and vignettes, influence audiences to think for themselves. Then to decide for themselves which attitudes, beliefs, words and actions to engage --in order to best serve themselves and their loved ones.

You can influence those sitting at your feet to be autonomous and to be free.

You can endow hearts with hope. You can leave them feeling better about themselves and their possibilities to become what they will. This transcends by a country mile the topic you address.

7. Get asked back:

Finally, your passion, your transparency and your authenticity serve to make you unforgettable. They induces audiences to want more of you . . . and to write great Evaluations. And to want you back again.

Then what:

Ca'ching! Ca'ching! Ca'ching. All the way to the bank.

Related:

没有评论:

发表评论